World Pet Association has announced the results of a survey of the financial and operating performances of over 100 retail pet companies. The report provides performance benchmarks for individual retailers as well as for the industry overall.
Among the most interesting findings, the 2016 report found respondents:
- Had median net sales of $900,000 and average net sales of $3,120,759
- Reported net profit before taxes of 5 percent (up from 4.4 percent in 2015)
- Reported sales growth of 7.2 percent in 2015
- Forecast sales growth of 9.5 percent for 2016
- Reported total revenues per selling square foot of $310 and operating margins of $131 per square foot
The report is available for purchase through the World Pet Association for members and non-members alike.