Nestlé Purina, Active Capital, and Cultivation Capital have announced the finalists in the inaugural Pet Care innovation Prize competition.
The Pet Care innovation Prize recognizes and supports startups in the pet space, with an emphasis on food, nutrition, pet care, play and technology products and services for pets. Over 80 companies applied for the first Pet Care Innovation Prize; only five were selected as finalists. Those companies and products include:
- FetchFind, an eLearning marketplace for pet care professionals
- Ewegurt, a line of sheep milk-based treats
- K9 Fit Club, an exercise instruction program for people and their pets
- Obe, a smart rationing system for pet nutrition
- PupPod, a social-enabled gaming and enrichment platform for dogs and their owners
Finalists receive a $10,000 purse and membership in a startup accelerator program. From these five finalists, one will be selected as the grand prize winner and will receive an additional $10,000 as well as exhibition space at the 2017 Global Pet Expo in Orlando, Florida.
“Innovation is our pledge at Purina, and it’s also important to support innovation within the broader pet care industry. The Pet Care Innovation Prize is about helping advance the ambitions of passionate pet care entrepreneurs who, like Purina, aim to help to improve the lives of pets and pet owners.”
— Blair Morgan, Vice President of Innovation & Emerging Growth Group, Purina